Wednesday, May 22, 2013

From So.Cal to Willamette Val.



It was a cool October morning and the sun was rising over Convict Lake, I could see my breath but my heart was racing. The fish I was reeling was pretty darn big and after getting it off my hook and onto the stringer I had one more to catch for my limit, and it wasn't even 7:30 am yet. I eventually got my limit, cleaned the fish, and headed back to the cabin where my family friend Jim stopped me and said, make your picks for today's college bowl pool. I didn't know a thing about college football but I saw Oregon State vs. Cal and said "I'm going to college at Oregon State." So I picked them. Jim told me I was in luck because their game against Cal was going to be televised and we'd be able to see it.

I watched my first Beavers game in the comfort of a cabin in the Eastern Sierra's while eating chips, salsa, fresh trout, and drinking an ice cold pop. I guess I really learned how resilient the Beavers were after being down 14-9 at halftime they really stepped their game up in the second half. They eventually got a touchdown but Cal answered back quickly but failed on a 2 point conversion. From there the Beavers took the driver’s seat and scored a fourth quarter touchdown to seal the game with a final of 23-20. What a nail biter of a game Matt Moore threw 3 interceptions, but Marshawn Lynch fumbled twice. It was a memorable game, but it still doesn't compare to the first one I attended at Reser.

No comments:

Post a Comment